- I resolved to get rid of clothing that doesn’t spark joy. I’m going to give myself half a point here, because I did sort through my clothing, but most of it is sitting under my bed, waiting to find a new home. Still gotta do that.
- I wanted to only buy clothing that truly sparked happiness. This one I’m going to give myself a huge check on. I started working in a clothing store, and being around clothing so much has made me more aware of what clothing is best to buy (be it because of its sustainability, how it will wear, or how it looks). I’ve stopped feeling the need to buy as much, which is great! Plus, I did make an effort to buy ethical. I didn’t get everything from 100% sustainable places that pay their workers fair wages, don’t discriminate against anyone for race, gender, religion, age, ect, who have good sizing and no pink tax, but I was much more aware of what practices I was supporting.
- I’m still going strong on not wearing the same outfit to school twice! Hurrah!
- This year, I really worked to buy only what I felt was true to me. I had some hits, some misses, but I’m definitly getting better at wearing truly Sarah pieces.
- If you’re not following my instagram (insert shameless self promo here), you won’t know this, but I recently cut my hair, and got bangs! I’m so excited- pictures to come. And yes, I think I’m definitly a lot closer to true french girl hair.
- Last year, I resolved to make No Longer Grey the best it can be. I don’t know if this gets a check. I’m super proud of the content that I’ve put out. I’ve branched out into video, interviews, beauty looks, and sustainability posts. However, as some of you may know, there’s been a lack of new content. I’m currently going through the college process, and I do sports and have a job. These are excises. The truth is that I haven’t prioritized No Longer Grey. And I’m okay with that. I love blogging, but this fall I had a lot on my plate, and I decided to focus on all of that. However, going forward, get ready for a lot of new things!
And this year, I resolve to…
- Never wear the same outfit to school twice. Let’s see if I can make it through highschool!
- Donate/ Sell/ give to friends/ get rid of the clothing I don’t need. It’s not doing me any good, and someone else should be able to enjoy it.
- Keep exploring my style, and find a few truly unique pieces that I can wear forever. I say unique because the idea of the perfect basics is great, but the idea of the perfect pink fuzzy coat sounds even greater.
- Work to support more local industries, or ethical garment producers. This is such a small thing that is so important, especially when legislative bodies (if you live in the US) are moving away from supporting green practices. I like to think of money as my vote, and this year I’m going to have to be more careful than ever to only vote for what I can stand behind.
- Put out content I’m truly proud of, and do it more regularly. Maybe videos, maybe outfit posts, maybe some guest posts… Wait and see! And maybe even a depop or etsy store. Don’t hold me to that.
- Have fun with style, and encourage those around me to do the same! Clothing can have such a transformative power, and it’s such an easy way to express oneself. This year, I’m aiming to do just that!
Here’s to a happy 2017!